Thursday, February 9, 2012

A request.

Life can get kind of chaotic sometimes. With the never-ending need for money, success, fame (for some), the newest technology, college, the list goes on.

I dare you to stop what you're doing and think about the people around you. Your family, friends, neighbors...

How would you define your relationship with them?

Would you say it's good or it needs work?

How can it be better?

My chaos is that I've become consumed with finding a job. I've literally posted to dozens of jobs I never thought I'd apply to a year ago. I'm trying to mold myself and my cover letter into what an employer would want me to be. I have to say, it feels weird. It's also hard to trust that God has my best intentions in mind. I'm all about growing, sharpening my knowledge and skills but I never want my personality to suffer. I know with whatever job I'm blessed with I'll work extremely hard and dedicate myself to it, but I also have to remember it's just a job. Relationships matter more. My relationship with Christ ranks above all.

I challenge you to call your parents, your siblings, your friends, neighbors, the people you attend church with... ask them how their day is going, how life is going...

Think outside of you. Think outside of your box. All of the possessions we buy in life aren't coming with you in the after life.

Do you feel guilty about something you said to someone? Do you just miss talking to a loved one?

Do it today. There's no better time than now. God is always thinking of you. Do you ever just think about Him?

If our greatest need had been information, God would have sent us an educator. If our greatest need had been technology, God would have sent us a scientist. If our greatest need had been money, God would have sent us an economist. But since our greatest need was forgiveness, God sent us a Savior.


Spread the love. The forgiveness. The grace that God so willingly gives to us. All that other stuff can wait. Now is the time to love one another and just be.

No comments:

Post a Comment